Slow Starting Of Nagios 2.0b6

Joseph Hardeman jwhardeman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 02:14:25 CET 2006

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone knows how I may get Nagios to start faster and
check the configs faster.  I have a little over 9000 hosts and about 19500
services.  It is taking about 25 minutes to start.  I have/am setting up
distributed checks on the main hosts and have all of the other hosts at
these sites as dependents on the main hosts. I have not added all of the
services that I am trying to check, so this time will only grow.  Plus as
time goes by I will be adding more hosts and all the services they need to
be monitored for.

Thanks

Joseph