Fix when not broken?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Jan 4 21:14:47 CET 2006

Nagios
> programs have anything different than the version I am using?

http://www.nagios.org/development/changelog.php

You'll always want to check this when upgrading as there may be
important information about manual changes you need to make. You should
be able to judge based on the changes made whether they're important to
you. You could always just do it to assist in the testing of course.

> Is the upgrade path:
>
> 1)      kill Nagios and reinstall the new version?

Yup. Upgrades within the same major version are generally very painless.
You'll probably want to tar up your current nagios directory as a
fallback measure in the event of some critical problem but generally --

$ ./configure --with-your-options
$ make all
$ /etc/init.d/nagios stop
$ make install
$ /path/to/nagios -v /path/to/nagios.cfg
$ /etc/init.d/nagios start

> 2)      Upgrade program made to upgrade works well?

There isn't a dedicated 'upgrade program' that I've seen.

--
Marc