Antwort: Re: Installing Nagios RPM

srunschke at abit.de srunschke at abit.de
Wed Jan 4 18:21:50 CET 2006

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 04.01.2006 18:10:54:

> root at server151 [~]# rpm -i nagios-1.2-2.1.el3.rf.i386.rpm
>
> Gives the following reult:
>
> warning: nagios-1.2-2.1.el3.rf.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID

> 6b8d79e6
>         package nagios-1.2-2.1.el3.rf is already installed
>
> But when i do
> root at server151 [~]# rpm -q nagios-1.2-2.1.el3.rf.i386.rpm
>
> I get:
> package nagios-1.2-2.1.el3.rf.i386.rpm is not installed
>
> What am i doing wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.

man rpm

"rpm -q" takes the NAME of the paket as parameter, not the filename.

So in your case it would be: "rpm -q nagios" or "rpm -q nagios-1.2",
I'm unsure if they took the version number into the paketname since
there's 1.2 and 2.0 out.

But I fail to see why you want to use nagios 1.2 instead of 2.0. It's
more or less outdated.

regards
        sash

PS: I suggest that you make yourself familiar with RedHat and/or
Linux in general first before trying to install such a huge beast
like Nagios.

Sascha Runschke
Netzwerk Administration
IT-Services