2.0 upgrade, passive checks problem

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Wed Jan 4 17:52:21 CET 2006

On 4 Jan 2006 at 10:16, jeff vier wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 09:00 -0500, Andrew Laden wrote:
> > check_period = none
> > active_check_enabled = 1
> >
> > used to work, now you have to use
> >
> > check_period = 24x7
> > active_checks_enabled = 0
>
> Huh.
> I never thought to set mine up the "old way", I've always done it as you
> described as the "new way".
>
> By what you're describing, though, I wish it worked the "old
> way"...sounds a lot cleaner (I do hate the passive icons for
> actively-checked-elsewhere services).

For some reason, these changes didn't get documented previously. Here
are the changes to freshness checking in 2.0:

1.  The freshness_threshold must be non-zero if the
normal_check_interval option is zero.

2.  Freshness checks can only occur during times that are valid for
the check_period timeperiod.

Hope that helps.  I've just updated the documentation.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---
Email: nagios at nagios.org