Return Codes? (was RE: Remotely Checking Windows: Mapped Network Drives)

Robert Reeves robert.reeves at newisys.com
Tue Jan 3 22:57:40 CET 2006

Now that I have my mapped network drives on remote hosts being checked,
I'm getting false negatives.

My script is reporting the following string to NRPE NT and then to
Nagios:

CRITICAL U: - Percentage Free = 9% (2200961024/23583522816)

However, it's saying that's OK when it clearly has CRITICAL at the
beginning of the response. The same for warnings:

WARNING V: - Percentage Free = 16% (5904531456/36124491776)

I thought that Nagios looking for OK, WARNING and CRITICAL in the return
and classified it accordingly? Do I neet to provide a return code for
warning or critical states?

Thanks!

Robert