Send only X Notifications on failure

vol volker.aust at premiere.de
Tue Jan 3 11:45:08 CET 2006

Hi Mario,

mario at bortal.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> define serviceescalation{
>>      host_name           xxx01
>>      service_description check_http
>>      first_notification  1
>>     ** last_notification   60**
>>      notification_interval       10
>>      contact_groups              Admins
>>      escalation_period   24x7
>>      escalation_options  w,u,c,r
>>     }
>>
>> Change the "last notification" to the number of messages you want to be
>> send out
>>   for the service .
>>
>> if you want only one for each event - just change it to 1 .
>
> Can you set the last_notification globally?
> I have about 12Services to monitor, and it would be useful if i could only
> define it once.
>
> Otherwise my escalation config will get pretty big.
>
> Thanks, Mario

you can use "notification_interval 0" in your service template, like it
is described in the fine manuals:

<snip>

notification_interval:	This directive is used to define the number of
"time units" to wait before re-notifying a contact that this service is
still in a non-OK state. Unless you've changed the interval_length
directive from the default value of 60, this number will mean minutes.
If you set this value to 0, Nagios will not re-notify contacts about
problems for this service - only one problem notification will be sent out.

</snip>

-vol