Monitoring AIX 5.2 hosts

Raphaël 'SurcouF' Bordet surcouf at debianfr.net
Tue Jan 3 09:51:02 CET 2006

Le lundi 02 janvier 2006 à 19:41 +0100, pespinar at oasismp.net a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I need to monitor with Nagios the usual system parameters of several AIX
> 5.2 boxes (disk, cpu, mem, swap, proc, and the like). Any of you have got
> it to work in this plattform? And what is the best way: snmp, nrpe, ncsa,
> ...?
>
> Any hint will be greatly appreciatted...

Hi,

By default, on AIX 5.2, aixmibd subagent are desactivated. This subagent
handle IBM-AIX-MIB's OID. You can find the MIB file
in : /usr/samples/snmpd/aixmib.my

To enable aixmibd agent, you should change this following line
in /etc/snmpdv3.conf :

--( /etc/snmpdv3.conf )--
# exclude aixmibd managed MIBs from the default view
VACM_VIEW defaultView        1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.191        - excluded -
---8<---

Just replace "excluded" word by "included" word and start aixmibd
sub-agent :

# startsrc -s aixmibd

Regards,

--