nagios check-host-alive always down

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Feb 24 20:19:18 CET 2006

This was sent to the mailing list 4 times. You might want to check your mailer.

Chances are nagios is doing exactly what you've told it to do. In order for us to be able to help you troubleshoot this issue, you'll need to provide us with more specific information about your configuration and the problem. Does the host/service show down in the web interface? What is the status information? Please show us an example host definition, service definition, their associated command definitions and the notification command definition that is used when you receive these bad notifications. Any relevant 'error' output would be useful as well. As with any kind of problem, it's hard to troubleshoot if you don't have specific information about the problem.

--
Marc