Reporting and misc rave.

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Fri Feb 24 17:21:27 CET 2006

On 6 Feb 2006, at 20:48, Steve Shipway wrote:

> Ton Voon wrote:
>> On 3 Feb 2006, at 19:24, Tedman Eng wrote
>>> Read/Write access to cmd.cgi can already be disabled using .htaccess
>>
>> I tried that (setting a group in .htaccess and only certain
>> users into that group), and it worked, but I didn't like the
>> user experience
>
> This is the same reason we don't do it this way.  I would
> definitely like a
> 'issue_commands=' option for a contact, since we don't need to have
> any more
> granularity than that (eg, read this service, admin that one...)
>
> I'm currently wary, though, of making too many (any) modifications
> to Nagios
> 1.2 code when 2.0 is just around the corner.  Too many site
> customisations
> mean an inability to upgrade.  Prehaps this sort of thing can be
> submitted
> to the 2.0 development team?

This is open source software. **We** are the development team :)

We've made a patch to include an issue_commands option to the
contacts definition to get this functionality. This has been done to
the 2.0 code. It is available here: http://www.altinity.org/

I'll submit to nagios-devel to see if Ethan will include it into the
main branches.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243