Monitoring solaris server without installing any plugin

Ben O'Hara bohara at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:40:25 CET 2006

Same problem here, i just compiled with --without-ssl i belive and run it
unencrypted over our management network.

Ben

On 2/23/06, James E. Pratt <jpratt at norwich.edu> wrote:

> Hi i have a similar problem where no matter how i try and compile on
> either sol8 or sol9 (sparc) using the software from sunfreeware (gcc,
> openssl etc etc), i just cannot get NRPE ssl handshakes to work via
> inetd... I've tried everything, and triple-checked everything countless
> times, but always get the "Failed to complete ssl handshake" message..
>
> Can anyone give me any insight, or has seen this issue before? ...I
> would use snmp instead, but i'm pretty clueless on snmp and it's not set
> up in nagios (yet), and i have no clue what mibs or whatever i would
> need etc... Any help/pointers there are appreciated as well on the snmp
> stuff - i see there are countless ways to do snmp on nagios.org - what
> works best for most out there etc?
>
> thanks,
> Jamie

"A Scientist will earn a living by taking a really difficult problem and
spends many years solving it, an engineer earns a living by finding really
difficult problems and side stepping them"