nagios not notifying by email

Dave Stern dave at umiacs.umd.edu
Thu Feb 23 15:49:37 CET 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, Toto Capuccino wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Did you check the timeperiods.cfg file as you are using workhours
> notification for services, you wont receive notification out of this period.
> 2006/2/23, Dave Stern <dave at umiacs.umd.edu>:

I didn't include timeperiods.cfg because this was the generic one.
We're using workhours and 24x7 for all hosts.
Basically, notification_period is 24x7 for all,
{service|host_notification_period} is either 24x7 or workhours.
I presume it's not a problem if a host is set to notification_period=work
in contacts but 24x7 in hosts.cfg and services.cfg

  David Stern                                    University of Maryland
            Institute for Advanced Computer Studies