Monitoring solaris server without installing any plugin

joseph.petrucci at wachovia.com joseph.petrucci at wachovia.com
Thu Feb 23 14:23:58 CET 2006

I wrote a lot of my plugins to run commands through an RSA ssh connection
from my Nagios machine to other machines. This way there is no code on the
monitored machine.
Joe Petrucci
Office: 704-383-6089
Cell : 724-462-0443

"Mrutyunjaya Dash" <mdash at juniper.net>
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
02/23/2006 08:18 AM

<nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
cc

Subject
[Nagios-users] Monitoring solaris server without installing  any plugin

Hi List,
I want to monitor few of the Solaris machines, but those all are
production servers and they don?t have any compiler installed on it. Is
there any way to monitor the services without installing any software on
the machine? If any of you have come across of the same kind of situation
and found the solution for this, then please provide the information
regarding this.
Regards,
Mrutyunjaya Dash
IT Engineer