NSClient++ Counters

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at incyte.com
Wed Feb 22 21:29:06 CET 2006

All,

I'm trying to setup counters with NSClient++ and I am having trouble
with counters that have an instance.  For example, Processor->%Processor
Usage has either an instance of "_Total" or "0" for the machine that I'm
using, but I can't get either of these to work.  No matter what I use,
this is the response that I get back:

[root at xyz libexec]# ./check_nrpe -H a.b.c.d -p 5666 -c checkCounter -a
"Counter:processor=\\Processor\\% Processor Time" ShowAll MaxWarn=80
MaxCrit=90 The specified instance of the performance object was not
found.

Thanks,
Brian

The contents of this message are intended only for the use
of the individual to which they are addressed and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any use, distribution, disclosure or copying of this
message, any attachment or the information contained
therein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the original sender
immediately and delete all copies of this message, along
with any attachments.   Thank you.