check_nt binary available?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Feb 21 04:21:15 CET 2006

Hopefully someone out there can help me.

Has anyone managed to compile the check_nt program under Windows?  If so,
can you send me a copy of the binary or (preferably) the modified source
code?

We have a server that is hidden behind another server, and so to monitor it,
I hope to use NRPE_NT on the server in between and relay my requests this
way to the pNSclient agent.  However, to do this, I need to have a windows
check_nt binary.

Alternatively, does anyone else have a better way to do this?  I can't
install a linux server to do the job (that would be too easy), nor can I put
the remote host onto the main network.  The only way to reach it is via this
intermediate Windows server.  Prehaps a port-forwarder would do the job, but
I don't have one of them for windows, either...

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Steve