MySql Status Data

Stephen Joy stephenpjoy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 23:45:44 CET 2006

Hello All,

I am trying to get Nagios V1.3 to write its status data to a MySql
database but am not yet quite there.

So far i have created the database 'nagios' and understand from the
manual that you must create the three tables (named programstatus,
hoststatus, and servicestatus) but what are the fields?? This does
not seem to be covered in the manual.

I have created the 3 tables with a single field (testing) in the hope
the nagios would define the tables itself but no luck.

At the moment my nagios.log looks like this;
----------
[1140474946] Nagios 1.3 starting... (PID=19392)
[1140474946] Finished daemonizing... (New PID=19393)
[1140474946] Error: Could not insert/update status record for program
in table 'programstatus' of database 'nagios'
[1140474961] Error: Could not insert/update status record for program
in table 'programstatus' of database 'nagios'

If anyone knows what the fields should be or what to do next that
would be great.

Many Thanks,

Stephen Joy.