Nagios and NRPE daemon for monitoring

Naveen C Joshi naveen_joshi at intersolutions.stpn.soft.net
Mon Feb 20 06:07:29 CET 2006

Hi Steve,

Please give me if any of the document is on the net for such configuration.

I have one server pool A(host#1, host#2, host#3) and a centralize Nagios monitoring server with NRPE Plugin i.e. host#4. Server poolA is behind firewall from our centralize monitoring Nagios host#4. At server pool A, host#1 is having installed Nagios, NRPEplugin and NRPE daemon(for centralize Nagios host#4) and other two hosts (host#2 and host#3) is having NRPE daemon only.

Now I want to configure host#2 and host#3 monitoring on host#1 (because this server has NRPE daemon/plugin installed with Nagios) and then Host#1 is monitored by host#4 which is our centralize Nagios monitoring server, Is this scenario possible.  How the Host#1 will provide the information of Host#2 and #3 to the Host#4???

This is the Level1 and Level2 monitoring, is this possible? If yes please let me know which tools we need to install on it and if any document on the net.

Thanks for the help.

Naveen