check_nrpe 2.0 and simple shell scripting

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Feb 17 20:40:48 CET 2006

Typically mail queues are only readable by root. Have you modified
permissions on the queue directory, the script or are you using sudo to
run it successfully as a non-root user? The mailq command typically has
the required permissions and that's why it's used by check_mailq.

Are you exiting with the proper output and exit code that nagios
requires? See the Developer Guidelines at http://nagiosplug.sf.net if
you haven't already.

As to why your script always exits with code 3, we can't tell you since
we didn't write the script and you didn't post enough of it to tell
anything really useful. If that's not what it should be exiting with,
then change the script to return the proper exit code.

--
Marc