check_mysql compile issue - x86_64

Tom Brown tom.brown at goodtechnology.com
Fri Feb 17 16:09:41 CET 2006

> It's not the *best* solution but a work around to this is to manually
> edit the configure file before doing your ./configure as the configure
> file has /usr/lib hard-coded and won't figure out /usr/lib64 without
> some help
>
> *note* all this is from a Red Hat point of view, may require some
> modification for your build
>
> find MYSQLLIBDIR=$MYSQL/lib
> chage it to
>
> MYSQLLIBDIR=$MYSQL/lib64

hmmm mine looked a bit different but the process was similar - however
it seems that now it is not happy about the version

configure:9368: checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient
configure:9398: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/opt/mysql/include  -L.
conftest.c -lmysqlclient -L/opt/mysql/lib -lz  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a when
searching for -lmysqlclient
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
| char mysql_init ();
| mysql_init ();
configure:9436: checking for mysql_close in -lmysqlclient
configure:9466: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/opt/mysql/include  -L.
conftest.c -lmysqlclient   >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
| char mysql_close ();
| mysql_close ();
configure:10217: WARNING: Skipping mysql plugin

this is on a CentOS 4.2 box (RHEL4)  - it can now find the lib but any
ideas on the version issue?

thanks