check_command issue

Mrutyunjaya Dash mdash at juniper.net
Fri Feb 17 11:40:29 CET 2006

Hi,

Now I am trying to use the nrpe to monitor the remote host. I have downloaded the plugin 1.4 version of nagios and nrpe 2.3. After the entire configuration according to the README file, I am getting the following error for the below command on the nagios host.

./check_nrpe -H bng-build1 -n -p 5666 -c check_disk

CHECK_NRPE: Received 0 bytes from daemon.  Check the remote server logs for error messages

But where as, the plugin commands like check_disk, check_procs, etc are working fine on the remote host side.

#/opt/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 20 -c 10 -p /dev/da0s1a

DISK OK - free space: / 877 MB (87%);| /=130MB;987;997;0;1007

Regards,

Dash