install of nagios

john matijevic john.matijevic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 17:00:49 CET 2006

Did
you run it from the same -compiled- nagios source as your original
install? That would be the only reason I can think that the ~nagios/etc
directory wouldn't be created when you run that target. If you continue
to have problems, post the output of your run of 'make install-config'.

Answer:
Yes Marc,
I ran it from the same directory where I downloaded the nagios where the
./configure command was, basically the documentation did not ask me to
change to the directory. Also, I downloaded and extracted to a tmp directory
on my linux server, again this is on fedora Core 4. So after I ran the
configure command I received no errors, and the directories were created
except for the ones I had mentioned before. Do I need to change to
directories before I run the commands? and if so which directory do I change
to? than i just prepend where the configure command is for example if I am
at the usr/local/nagios directory than I would run /tmp/nagios ./configure?
thanks again for assistance.
I am following documentation step by step.

Sincerely,

On 2/16/06, Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> wrote:

> Configure options are irrelevant in this case.
>
> --
> Marc

John Matijevic, CCIE #13254
U.S. Installation Group