Adding hosts and services to nagios

VINAY_SHARMA at advanex.co.jp VINAY_SHARMA at advanex.co.jp
Thu Feb 16 06:35:58 CET 2006

hi,

   check sample comfiguration of minimal.conf. you can configure host and
services like that.and you have to make many lines as comments.

and try on varify  with nagios -v command.

Thanks & regards
**************************************
Vinay Sharma
Information Systems and Solutions-Associates
Advanex Inc (www.advanex.co.jp)
Fon   : 813-3822-5863
Fax         : 813-5815-7881
Email       : vinay_sharma at advanex.co.jp

                      "Mrutyunjaya Dash"
                      <mdash at juniper.net>                  宛先:     <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
                      送信者:                              cc:
                      nagios-users-admin at lists.sour        件名:     [Nagios-users] Adding hosts and services to nagios
                      ceforge.net

                      2006/02/16 14:32

Hi All,

I have just installed the nagios 2.0b5 with plugin 1.4.2. It looks like it
has been configured correctly as because I am able to see some information
regarding the localhost. I am very new to nagios, I am not aware of the
steps to add the hosts and services.  Now I just want to monitor few
servers. I would appreciate if any body could help me out to get my purpose
solved.  Basically I want the information, how the hosts and services can
be added to nagios for monitoring the required services of servers?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Mrutyunjaya Dash