Subdirectories in Nagios installation dir.

Toby Kraft Toby_Kraft at KSAinc.com
Tue Feb 14 17:55:47 CET 2006

Jim Perrin wrote:
> On 2/14/06, Toby Kraft <Toby_Kraft at ksainc.com> wrote:
> > Which repository has the latest build for FC4?  Dag Wiers is only
doing
> > FC3.
> >

> It's in the Extras repository for FC4.

Amazing to me that in all the months I've been lurking in this list there
was no mention of this tidbit until 2/9/06.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.user/37418
Didn't recall that post when I was replying.

Also amazing that this is not mentioned on the nagios.org download page.

But the plugins are not included in Extras so if you want to install them
via RPM you search pbone.net and find the Dries RPM repository and luckily
he has a FC4 RPM posted there for plugins-1.4.1, not the latest but
usable.

Related question - why does rpmfind.net and pbone.not NOT include the
Extras repository?

I guess what I'm thinking is that we need a wiki so we can all contribute
what we've learned and organize it in a way that's helpful to new and
longtime users alike.

> > If you want to install the FC3 rpm on FC4 using YUM - I found that I
> > needed to configure my repos.d file for DAG specifying a specific
version,
> > otherwise yum doesn't find it.
> > like this:
> > [dag]
> > name=Dag RPM Repository for Fedora Core
> > baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/fedora/$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
> > gpgcheck=1
> > enabled=1
> >
> > Replace the "$releasever" with "3"
> >

> That's an amazingly bad idea.

Yes it is - only suggested as a temporary workaround to install a package
when you can't find the package in a repo for the release you're running.
Definitely not recommended to leave it set that way.

Thanks,
Toby