multiple contact notifications for one host

ryanp at hhsys.org ryanp at hhsys.org
Tue Feb 14 17:18:56 CET 2006

This is what I want to accomplish:

One host's disk space to be monitored, named      HostA

Have HostA in two different hostgroups    GroupA and GroupB

GroupA contact group is defined with email1
GroupB contact group is defined with email2

GroupA has a bunch of other hosts that email2 shouldnt receive so thats
why I'm trying to put it into a different group.

**All the hosts are on passive checking.**
So when the disk space gets to a WARNING OR CRITICAL for nagios to email
GroupA and GroupB.  But it looks like in the services.cfg is where you
actually setup the notification functionality.  Since checking disk is
needed on all hosts, it looks like I cant separate the notifications for 2
separate emails that are both responsibilty for only one box and not all.

I would imagine there is a way to do what I'm attempting but I'm going in
the wrong direction.  I need some other clear minds to point in me in the
right direction. Thanks.! ;-)

Note: This email is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.  Contact the sender if received in error.