Nagios cannot detect user

Matteo Corti matteo.corti at id.ethz.ch
Mon Feb 13 09:29:40 CET 2006

Hi,

I access nagios (2.0) through Apache and SSL (see below for the
configuration)
As expected Apache asks me to authenticate when loading the page but
nagios is not able to get my user name. In the tactical overview I see:

  Tactical Monitoring Overview
  Last Updated: Mon Feb 13 09:24:30 CET 2006
  Updated every 90 seconds
  Nagios® - www.nagios.org
  Logged in as ?

Since I am using authentication (use_authentication=1) I am not able to
access all the information pages.

If I set the default user everything works like a charm (i.e., the rest
of the configuration seems OK).

Many thanks for any hint.

Matteo

================
httpd.conf

# Force SSL
RewriteEngine On
RewriteLogLevel 0
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} "off"
RewriteRule ^/nagios(.*)  https://%{HTTP_HOST}/nagios$1 [L,R=permanent]

# For SSL-servers
ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/lib/nagios/cgi
<Directory "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi-bin">
   Options ExecCGI
   SSLRequireSSL
   AllowOverride None