NsClient vs. NRPE_nt

Dany Allard dany.allard at aeso.ca
Fri Feb 10 16:17:02 CET 2006

Roberto

NSClient++ includes both NsClient and NRPE functionality. It listens on the NsClient port as well as on your NRPE port (so no change need to be made in nagios if you are already using one of these).

The nice thing is that instead of running two services (nsclient and nrpe) you only need to run one service. All your NRPE commands/plugins will work with NSClient++.

NSClient++ (or NRPE) will allow you to write local monitoring scripts, such as WMI scripts. This can be very useful if you are running nagios on a Linux box, as nagios on Linux cannot query WMI directly.

Hope that helps

 Dany Allard