notification_interval = 0 and retained state but still get notifications on restart

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Feb 10 21:36:00 CET 2006

I'm doing pretty much the same thing and I don't see this problem. It's
a little bit different in that all my checks are passive but that
shouldn't be a significant difference. Do you have the following
directives in your host/service definitions or templates --

retain_status_information       0       ; Retain status information
across program restarts
retain_nonstatus_information    1       ; Retain non-status information
across program restarts

In my case I don't retain_status_information, you will probably want to.
Another difference is that I have a really high notification_interval as
opposed to 0 but I don't expect that to be significant either --

notification_interval           10080

> is there a way to do either of the following:
> a) load new config without restarting nagios

Send nagios a HUP signal.

--
Marc