Two questions about outage processing

Marc Haber mh+nagios-users at zugschlus.de
Fri Feb 10 08:35:30 CET 2006

Hi,

I do not have too much Experience with Nagios, and my Netsaint
experience is like three years unused.

I have the following issues:

(1)
When hostA is parent host of hostB, hostA is down, and that outage is
acknowledged - why does hostsB show up as "Unreachable, Unhandled
Problem" in the tactical overview? I'd expect the acknowledgement to
ACK the unreachable host as well. Otherwise, one would be with a _lot_
of unhandled problems in case of big outages which could mask out more
important outages somewhere else.

(2)
When I see a service in CRITICAL soft state (thus, no notification has
gone out yet), I cannot ACK that state (even if I know that the
service is going to stay CRITICAL for a while and the problem is
already being worked on). IMO, it would be good to be able to ACK even
SOFT states.

Am I missing something?

Greetings
Marc