Successful installation of nagios on Fedora core 4

Philip Mark Donaghy philip.donaghy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 18:29:33 CET 2006

My first mail was reject and the mailing list confirmation has not
confirmed by subscription. So I am trying to send this again.

I have researched some different ways of
installing nagios on fedora core 4. I saw that the rpm repository has
stuff in the extras fedora 4. The file nagios-2.0-0.2.rc2.fc4.i386.rpm
is in this directory.

http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/i386/

We can install this using "yum install nagios" if yum is setup correctly.

I see that Dag Wiers has some packages but is yet supporting fedora core 4.

http://dag.wieers.com/packages/nagios/

nagios-2.0-2.1.fc3.rf.i386.rpm seems to be the latest version and I am
guessing that this will work on fc4. I tried this using "rpm -vi
nagios-2.0-2.1.fc3.rf.i386.rpm" it requires some other packages libgd
and libltdl. I got it to work using "yum localinstall
nagios-2.0-2.1.fc3.rf.i386.rpm". Yum resolved the dependencies. This
method only works if you can shut of pgp verification. It also depends
on the apache server so, 'yum -y groupinstall "Web Server"' is also
required.

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy