SPLUNK

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Feb 8 16:56:48 CET 2006

On Wednesday February 08 2006 10:47 am, Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> I received an email this morning, that was sponsored by SPLUNK INC.  the
> advertisement -- without the link is included below, I am curious to
> know if anyone has used this, or knows anything about it.  It sounds
> like something that I would find VERY useful, BUT.....  I am in general
> very very suspicious of anything that is advertised on the bottom of an
> e-mail.
>
> <PASTE>
> files for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search engine that
> makes searching your log files as easy as surfing the  web.  DOWNLOAD
> SPLUNK!
>
> </PASTE>
>
> Any Comments etc are greatly appreciated
>
> Timothy A. Holmes
> IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
>
> Medina Christian Academy
> A Higher Standard...
>
> Jeremiah 33:3
> Jeremiah 29:11
> Esther 4:14
>

> Timothy A. Holmes
> IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
>
> Medina Christian Academy
> A Higher Standard...
>
> Jeremiah 33:3
> Jeremiah 29:11
> Esther 4:14

I installed the previous version on my firewall a few weeks ago.  Believe me
when I tell you that it makes looking at logs a whole lot easier, since it's
trivial to filter on key words.  Installation was easy, and you only need to
make a couple of easy tweaks to a couple of files to get it working.

HTH.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.