Network outage not handled correctly

Dirk H. Schulz dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de
Wed Feb 8 08:19:23 CET 2006

Hi folks,

this night we had a router down. As I understand ist, Nagios should not
have notified about "host down" for the hosts set behind those routers
(I have set up a fitting parent structure, and the map looks okay).
But for every host behind the died router there was a "host down"
message as well as a "host up" message.

Is there anything additional to configure to get network outages handled
right?

Dirk