nagiosgrapher v1.3 unreliable

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Mon Feb 6 21:08:44 CET 2006

While I can't comment on nagiosgrapher specifically, since I don't use it, I
would suggest for RRDtool in general you take a look at tuning the RRD
heartbeat and step values used in the rrdcreate command.

The factor in Nagios that would cause RRD gaps is most likely service check
latency.  Check latency is (in my experience) amplified by large numbers of
host problems (since everything stops while host-checking)

Using a heartbeat larger than the step value (2x is safe) will give you
headroom in the event that your check latency becomes very large.  This
should help prevent gaps from appearing in the RRD data.

http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
		Don't meddle in the affairs of magicians,
		for they are subtle and quick to anger.

any issue.