enabling external commands

Yong Lee ylee at neltura.com
Sun Feb 5 06:51:30 CET 2006

K,

In answer to my own post, it looks like the command cgi *requires* the
nagios.cfg file to be used as the main configuration file.  I was trying
to use my own 'maing' config file which was causing me the grief.  Now I
am seeing the error message :

"Error: Could not stat() command file '/var/log/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd'!
The external command file may be missing, Nagios may not be running,
and/or Nagios may not be checking external commands."

My nagios user is : nagios, http is apache and the permissions on this
file are correct....sigh...one step at a time...any ideas ?

Yong.