check_mem giving wrong values

Hans Engelen engelenh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 18:00:05 CET 2006

Seems correct to me or am I missing the point.

Mind you  the 11 % is not counting what is used up for buffers and cache.
So if you look at the second line of your result from free you will see
54168 used which is your 11 % (before some hefty rounding). Note that the
first line of free gives you the amount of mem used for caching and buffers
on top of what applications use to come to a grand total of 253588 mem used.
I am guessing thats the value you are looking at and thats what got you
confused.

Cheers,
Hans