What did we recover from?

Andrew Laden Andrew.Laden at tudor.com
Fri Feb 3 23:06:42 CET 2006

Is there some macro that we can use when a recovery alert was sent out to
indicate what we recovered from? I.E. Warning, or Critical?

I am writing my own notification module, since the notification and
escalation rules that nagios provides don't meet my needs. (I need much
finer control of who gets noitified for what.)

The problem I am having is how to avoid sending recovery pages to people who
didn't get the problem pages. I want to be stateless, so I can't track who
was sent the page. The idea is to determine what level the recover is for
(ie, critical or warn), see if the user would have gotten a page for that
service/problem level, and if so, send the recovery page.

I was thinking of playing with the $LASTSERVICE*$ macros, but cant figure
out an algorithm that will work for both the
OK -> CRIT -> OK, case and the OK -> WARN -> CRIT -> WARN -> OK case, vs the
OK -> WARN -> OK case.

Any ideas?

-Andrew