Small problem with forced service checks on 2.0rc2

Steve Johnson maillist at sjohnson.info
Fri Feb 3 13:34:03 CET 2006

Hi,

I currently have a setup running 2.0rc2. When I go through the web
interface and schedule forced checks, this works fine until I hit the
max_check_attempts and the service falls into a hard state. After that,
even if I schedule a new check, I see the check request in the log file,
but the check is never performed. This means that the only way to get it
to test again is to wait until its next officially scheduled check.

I had asked in one of the IRC channels and was told that this was not
supposed to be the case. Is this something related to 2.0rc2 or
something I should not be experiencing at all, even on this version? If
so, any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks a lot,
Steve Johnson