Critical state for several hosts after a server restart

Toto Capuccino shoktai at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 08:18:42 CET 2006

I am running nagios version 1.3 with plugins 1.4.2
My setup is quiet basic i monitor windows servers on which i installed
pNSClient. I am monitoring about a hundred servers. The one that i restarted
yedterday was inside a LAN (where Nagios is running) where 30 hosts are too.
The other servers are located in distant sites with MPLS connection. I also
monitor the routers used for those connections.
After restarting the servers about 65 services went CRITICAL - Socket
timeout after 10 seconds> The services in Critical state seems to be the
same type all checks that use Nsclient for disk space (on all sites on every
single server) strange...