Hosts PENDING

Diego Gonzalez Briones lugonzalez at grupo-uno.com
Fri Feb 3 03:11:43 CET 2006

Hi,
Actually you have to add the equipment to the service.cfg file. In fact
you have to add a service for your equipment, if not, nagios will mark
the host with pending status because is waiting for some service to
monitor.
For example you have a router defined in hosts.cfg:
# 'router1' host definition
define host{
       use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use

       host_name               router1
       alias                   Router #1
       address                 192.168.1.254
       check_command           check-host-alive
       max_check_attempts      20
       notification_interval   60
       notification_period     24x7
       notification_options    d,u,r
       }
Then you have to add the following into services.cfg to monitor the
host:
# Service definition
define service{
       use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use

       host_name                       router1
       service_description             PING
       is_volatile                     0
       check_period                    24x7
       max_check_attempts              3
       normal_check_interval           5
       retry_check_interval            1
       contact_groups                  router-admins
       notification_interval           240
       notification_period             24x7
       notification_options            c,r
       check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
       }

The last configuration is the most simple monitor.
Hope it help.

Best Regards.