snmp history

Richard Gliebe richard.gliebe at fhv.at
Thu Feb 2 08:24:48 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 08:13 +0100, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

Hi,

> > Now I want to implement a graphical history like MRTG, but my problem
> > is, I can't find the snmp history-data in our nagios configuration.
>
> The key word is performance. Look for that in you config file(s).
>
> But I guess you did not activate them. So there is no historical data.

I've found this one in my nagios.cfg:

[...]
# PROCESS PERFORMANCE DATA OPTION
# This determines whether or not Nagios will process performance
# data returned from service and host checks.  If this option is
# enabled, host performance data will be processed using the
# host_perfdata_command (defined below) and service performance
# data will be processed using the service_perfdata_command (also
# defined below).  Read the HTML docs for more information on
# performance data.
# Values: 1 = process performance data, 0 = do not process performance
data
process_performance_data=0
[...]

and this in my misccommands.cfg:

[...]
# 'process-host-perfdata' command definition
define command{
        command_name    process-host-perfdata
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "$LASTHOSTCHECK$\t$HOSTNAME
$\t$HOSTSTATE$\t$HOSTATTEMPT$\t$HOSTSTATETYPE$\t$HO
STEXECUTIONTIME$\t$HOSTOUTPUT$\t$HOSTPERFDATA$\n"
>> /var/spool/nagios/host-perfdata.out
        }

# 'process-service-perfdata' command definition
define command{
        command_name    process-service-perfdata
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "$LASTSERVICECHECK$\t
$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$SERVICESTATE$\t$SERVICEATTEMP
T$\t$SERVICESTATETYPE$\t$SERVICEEXECUTIONTIME$\t$SERVICELATENCY$\t
$SERVICEOUTPUT$\t$SERVICEPERFDATA$\n" >> /var/spool/nagio
s/service-perfdata.out
        }
[...]

are these my start points ?

thanks
Richard

--
Richard Gliebe
Fachhochschule Vorarlberg GmbH / University for Applied Science