Multi-line Status Information Idea

Elliot Finley efinleywork at efinley.com
Fri Dec 29 17:01:02 CET 2006

Hello,

I have a lot of custom alarms that need to generate a lot of status
information.  The way I deal with this is I generate an HTML file that
I place on the nagios server and the one line that I return as the
status is a link to this file.

It would be nice if this were generalized such that if only one line
were returned to nagios, it would be displayed.  But if multiple lines
were returned then nagios would create an HTML file from lines 2-N and
URLize the first line to point to this file.

Any opinions on this idea?  Any hopes of getting this feature into a
future release of Nagios?

Thanks
Elliot