Service Check Timed Out Error

David Gerbec david.gerbec at agenda.si
Fri Dec 29 15:58:23 CET 2006

Hi!

Kaplan, Andrew H. pravi:
>> If i understand correctly, u ran the plugin su'ed to the nagios user and
>> the command completed successfully?
>
> That is correct.
>
>> If that's the case, then please check if the xinetd daemon is running
>> and what the setting for nagios-nrpe are for xinetd.
>
> As far as the client is concerned, nrpe is not being run via xinetd, it is being
> run as a standalone daemon. This is command syntax that is used for
> running the daemon:
>
> /usr/local/nagios/bin/nrpe -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/nrpe.cfg -d

Have you checked the setting in the nrep.cfg file? Like server_port,
allowed_hosts, nrpe_user, nrpe_group?

I actaully have only one box, that's running NRPE as a standalone
daemon. U have to add the server IP in the allowed_hosts section (add
the server to /etc/hosts.allow as well).

And u need to restart the daemon on every change.

If u got all the above set up correcty, then i'm affraid i'm out of
ideas... :o(

Regards,
D.