Service Check Timed Out Error

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Fri Dec 29 15:22:01 CET 2006

I ran the chsh command to change the nologin shell for the nagios user to
/bin/bash, and also provided a password for the nagios account. After that,
I ran the check_nrpe command again from the command line, ie: manually, and was
able to get a response back from the nrpe client.

Listed below are posts that were requested from a previous e-mail:

1. The output of "check_nrpe -H <nrpe_client> -c <remote_command>" run
as the Nagios user:
		DISK OK [50534480 kb (99%) free on cosmos2:/database

2. The Nagios command definition for your check_nrpe command:
# 'check_nrpe' command definition
define command{
	command_name	check_nrpe
	command_line	$USER1$/check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t 60 -c $ARG1$

3. A Nagios service definition that uses the check_nrpe service on the
relevant host:
command[check_disk1]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk -w 20% -c 10% -p
/cosmos2/database