Service Check Timed Out Error

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Fri Dec 29 03:41:52 CET 2006

I ran the telnet <hostname> 5666 command on the nrpe client system and it did
connect
without a problem. I did the same on the nagios server, and it timed out. Do I
need to
have port 5666 open on the nagios server as well as on the client system?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thu 12/28/2006 5:25 PM
To: Kaplan, Andrew H.; Nagios Users mailinglist
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Service Check Timed Out Error

It seems something is stopping your NRPE client from answering to the
server.

Try "telnet <nrpe_client_server> 5666" and see if it connects or times out.
If it times out, check firewalls/SELinux etc.

Andy.

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834