Regarding SNMP Trap

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dimma at higis.ru
Thu Dec 28 10:41:11 CET 2006

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 11:16:04AM +0530, Ranjeet Kumar wrote:

> 1. Show your snmptrapd.conf.
>
>       traphandle default /usr/sbin/snmptthandler

Check also, what your snmptrapd runned and your snmptt runned as daemon.

In this case, your log files must have messages from snmptrapd and
snmptt.

> 4. submit_check_result must use nsca for transport.
>
>       I am not using nsca. I don't think it is required because same
> server is acting as snmptrap server as well as nagios monitoring server.
> Is it really required?

No. You can work directly with nagios command_file.

>       I have not started working on this as exec statement is not
> working.

Try to replace EXEC to some simple command like
date >> /tmp/snmptt.exec.log

It's doesn't work too?
If yes -- check installed perl modules.

I'm using:

snmptt-1.1          SNMP trap handler/translator/swiss-army-knife
Information for snmptt-1.1:

Depends on:
Dependency: perl-5.8.8
Dependency: p5-Config-IniFiles-2.39
Dependency: net-snmp-5.2.3_3

FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE

WBR
--
Dmitriy Kirhlarov
OILspace, 26 Leninskaya sloboda, bld. 2, 2nd floor, 115280 Moscow, Russia