Bug when using hostgroup_name? negation and regular expressions (nag 2.6)

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Wed Dec 27 19:49:45 CET 2006

Hi all:

I have the following hostgroups defined:

 site_abc
 site_bcd
 site_cde
 site_def
 service

with hosts assigned to each of them. If I try to define a service
using:

 hostgroup_name service,site_[c].*

nagios -v works fine. However if I try:

 hostgroup_name service,!site_[c].*

it fails with:

  Error: Could not find any hostgroup matching '!site_[c].*'

However that definition should be the same as

 hostgroup_name service,!site_cde

What I am trying to do is to define a service that applies only to
hosts in both the service and site_cde hostgroups. So my ultimate
target hostgroup_name definition is:

 hostgroup_name service,!site_[^c].*

which should expand to be the same as:

 hostgroup_name service,!site_abc,!site_bcd,!site_def

Trying that produces the same ":Could not find any hostgroup".  So is
this a bug or intentional?

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard