Regarding SNMP Trap

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dimma at higis.ru
Wed Dec 27 13:18:02 CET 2006

On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 04:39:24PM +0530, Ranjeet Kumar wrote:

> EXEC /usr/share/nagios2/plugins/eventhandlers/submit_check_result "$r"
> "snmp_traps" 2 "$O: $1 $2 $3 $4 $5"
>

> I am able to see the logs of translated trap as log but it is not
> executing the EXEC command. I tried using manually it works fine.

1. Show your snmptrapd.conf.

2. Check your snmptt.ini file in
[Exec] section.

3. Can you execute
/usr/share/nagios2/plugins/eventhandlers/submit_check_result
manualy?

4. submit_check_result must use nsca for transport.
Is your nsca can take result? Switch on debug in nsca.conf.

5. nagios must have properly configured host and service for
interpretate getted trap.

For me it's work.

Also, see:
http://nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=29&expand=false&showdesc=true
http://www.snmptt.org/docs/snmptt.shtml
http://www.samag.com/documents/s=9559/sam0503g/

WBR
--
Dmitriy Kirhlarov
OILspace, 26 Leninskaya sloboda, bld. 2, 2nd floor, 115280 Moscow, Russia