Getting pie charts in host's history

Az az at whoever.org
Wed Dec 20 00:02:12 CET 2006

Craig Van Tassle wrote:
> My boss wants to be able to look at pie charts when ever we are looking at
> history for various services. So far I have only been able to get a bar graph
> that is showing the uptime and down time, but not I have not been able to get a
> pie chart to display.
>
> I am using ubuntu 6.10, with nagios 2.4
>
> Any help or though would be appreciated.
By bar graph I assume you mean the one on 'View Trends For This Service'
(which doesnt look very bar-ish when its all one colour ;) ). There is
no pie chart in the version I am running (v2.1) nor in the doco
(http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/cgis.html).

You can either export the data in CSV format from the Availability
Report and process it yourself, or write your own CGI.

Or do as I do... tell your boss how to get the raw data and they can
spend all day making purty charts while you can spend your day doing
more productive things like keeping things running. ;)