Schedule Downtime w/o authentication requirement

frank ratty at they.org
Tue Dec 19 20:49:03 CET 2006

No, you didn't.

The last link under "Configuring Nagios" in the documentation table of
contents clearly says "Configuring authorization for the CGIs". Read it!

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/cgiauth.html

"Authentication On Secured Web Servers

If your web server is located in a secure domain (i.e., behind a firewall)
or if you are using SSL, you can define a default username that can be
used to access the CGIs. This is done by defining the default_user_name
option in the CGI configuration file. By defining a default username that
can access the CGIs, you can allow users to access the CGIs without
necessarily having to authenticate to the web server.. You may want to use
this to avoid having to use basic web authentication, as basic
authentication transmits passwords in clear text over the Internet.

Important: Do not define a default username unless you are running a
secure web server and are sure that everyone who has access to the CGIs
has been authenticated in some manner! If you define this variable, anyone
who has not authenticated to the web server will inherit all rights you
assign to this user!"

-f