Performance issues, too

Daniel Meyer eagle at cyberdelia.de
Tue Dec 19 13:13:39 CET 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Tobias Klausmann wrote:

> I'm running 2.6 now but I had the troubles with 2.5 initially.
> OS is a Gentoo Linux, Kernel 2.6.15.5 initially, upgrade to
> 2.6.19 today.

Same here. Latency-Problems with both 2.5 and 2.6, but on CentOS 4.4 (good
that you use gentoo, saves me the time to try it on a heavy optimized
gentoo box :)

>> You could lower this to 2 seconds. I've done so on any number of
>> installations and it has no negative impact what so ever, but seems to
>> make Nagios a bit more responsive.
>
> I'll give that a try.

I've tried that but had some failing checks when i did that. Very
strange...

> I also noticed that HT was disabled on the machine. I've changed
> that (and added support for it to the kernel) when I did the
> kernel upgrade today. I'll keep an eye on check latency.

I have HT enabled, no effect on the nagios latency problems.

Danny
--
Q: Gentoo is too hard to install      =        http://www.cyberdelia.de
    and I feel like whining.           =             eagle at cyberdelia.de
A: Please see /dev/null.              =
       (from the gentoo installer FAQ) =                             \o/