Questions about scheduling

Tobias Klausmann klausman at schwarzvogel.de
Tue Dec 19 11:46:46 CET 2006

Hi!

I have a few questions about scheduling in Nagios.

- How does the scheduling queue work? From the docs it seems the
  whole queue is held up as soon as a host check is necessary.
  As far as I know, Nagios parallelizes checks, so my question
  is if the current checking thread is held up only or if all of
  the checks are stopped immediately?

- If the whole set of workers is stopped, this would mean that a
  failing check would result in an immeidate host check which in
  turn holds up all the queues until it is complete. Does it
  really work this way?

- How much performance overhead do service dependencies generate?
  I have quite a few NRPE checks and all of them depend on the
  NRPE dummy check I always define. Does this stall checking by
  any considerable amount?

Thansk for any help,
Tobias