nsca query

Barton, Murray M. Murray.Barton at woodside.com.au
Mon Dec 18 03:14:35 CET 2006

Hi,
I have setup nsca and I can send alerts to nagios OK.  Here is the
problem I have-

1. send critical/warning alert to nagios
2. confirm alert is displayed
3. send OK status to nagios
4. confirm nagios displays status OK
5. time passes
6. nagios displays the item in warning status with alarm message from 1.
previously.

I have pasted the section out of the nagios services.cfg below (it's
basically straight out of the doco...)

What I really want nagios to do at point 6 is to keep on displaying
what-ever it was sent last until I send it something else.  (I have over
200 hosts with many services and I don't want all of them polling nagios
every x minutes).  Is there are a configuration option to do thist?

thanks for your help
Cheers
Murray

define service {